FELLOWSHIPS FOR YOUNG SCIENTISTS
The Society of Biological Chemists has instituted “financial support for research” scheme to support young research workers to carry out short term training/research activities in well established laboratories/ institutions in India.The value of the fellowship is fixed at Rs.5000/- per term per selected fellow and the total number of fellowships awarded every year will be up to ten.
Terms and Conditions
- Funding Rs.5000/- per fellow for periods up to 6-8 weeks.
- The grant of Rs.5000/- will be awarded in the form of Rs.1000/- for the fellow as personal maintenance/allowance for a minimum period of 6 weeks and Rs.4000/- as contingencies for the purchase of laboratory items including stationery, preparation of reports, photographs and other expenses related to the research work
- The Research/Training may be conducted in any of the leading research institutions/ laboratories/universities, with approval from SBC(I)
- The candidate should be a PhD students or a Postdoctoral fellows below the age of 32 years at the time of application.
- SBC(I) Membership is compulsory for eligibility for the fellowship award.
- The fellowship amount will be released by SBC(I) to the research supervisor by the 2nd or 3rd week of the training program.
- The application should be forwarded through the investigator-in-charge of the laboratory in which the candidate proposes to undergo training.